Friday, September 6, 2013

MN State Fair 2013

Another year and another day at the Great Minnesota get together aka MN State Fair and I have to say that it was wasn’t as bad but there like in years past but there were still some sights that I could just let go by.  It has become inevitable that you’re going to see bad dress code violations and I’ve already tackled that subject in a past MN State Fair post.

Once again before I start in on certain people, I want to say again thank you again to all of the fathers who sacrifice their limbs to fit into a ride made for a small child.  I see women reading this and saying that they get on the rides with their kids and that’s true but you get on rides like the tilt-a-whirl or something where you look like you fit comfortably.  I saw a poor guy get on a ride with his son and only half of him fit in the car.  As the ride went, his face got redder and redder and a look on his face that said “I might really need the jaws of life to get out of this ride”.  Another brave soul who was hanging out of a train with his child said “I may need you to go get some butter to slide me out of here”.  The point I’m trying to make is moms, if the father is on the stocky side or is just big, don’t make them go on the little kids rides.  There are enough rides in that area that don’t require a parent to accompany the child.

One thing I will never do and I will never make my family do is dress everyone the same just to go to the fair or any amusement park.  That’s not a good look and I highly recommend anyone who is seriously thinking of doing that to think very hard before leaving the house.  Why would you want to dress everyone the same in the first place?  Then you wonder why when your kids get older, they don’t want to go to the fair or any amusement park with you because you will have them dressed like Where’s Waldo.  If you’re afraid you’re going to lose someone so that’s why you do that there are two things I can suggest.  One you shouldn’t be going anywhere if you can’t pay attention to where your kids are at because you’re focused on getting a candybar on a stick and two give them the talk that most kids got before they went to the fair or anywhere for that matter either stay close or it will be time to go home if you don’t want to listen.  And to take it a step further,  I saw a family that was on the larger side including the kids wearing different color M&M t-shirts, YOU NEED YOUR ASS BEAT!!!!  There are certain shirts you really shouldn’t wear if you are a larger individual and that’s one of them.  Sure you’re being creative and you think it’s a good idea, but it’s something you may want to stay away from in the future.  Just saying.

You know growing up and going to the fair, I would see people with strollers or electric scooters/wheelchairs and watch them bump into people and run over people’s feet.  I would say that was messed up for them to do that.  Now as an adult with my own kids I can feel their pain, certain people are rude and deserve to get ran over with the stroller or electric scooter.  There’s only so many times people cut in front of you and you say excuse me but they won’t move.  Or even worse is when another person with a stroller cuts off a person with a stroller.  That’s when your patience gets severely tested like trying to find a parking spot in a very crowded parking lot or trying to change lanes on the freeway but they won’t let you over.  When my patience is pretty much shot, I’m the type of parent that will run up your leg with the stroller or get those achilles like when you used to run into your mom’s with the shopping cart at the grocery store because you’re not paying attention.  One day maybe, people will be more respectful of those with strollers or electric scooters.  Either that or I will be writing about road rage the stroller edition.

Everyone who knows me or had read my one of my blog post knows that if you are dressed wrong, I will make sure that doesn’t happen again and get my point across to try to prevent that from happening again.  Of course there are always some dress code violations at the state fair but there’s no need for me to sound like a broken record about it.  I’ve even written about wearing heels to the state fair.  Now it’s time to talk about a certain pair of sandals that are a popular pair of sandals or heels with the ladies.  The type of sandals that I’m talking about are the ones that look like they are from the ancient rome days like in the movie Gladiator with all of those straps.  Those are very fashionable but here’s the problem with those sandals, every woman's feet are not shaped the same.  So when some ladies wear those, their pinkie toe looks like it was pushed out the side and hanging on for dear life between two of the straps.  When I see that I have to wonder either they can’t feel that their pinkie toe is literally dragging on the pavement or they are too embarrassed to try to fix it until they can get somewhere where no one can see them.  So before you buy a pair of those sandals, please make sure that all of your toes are safe, secure and not in danger of falling out the side.

Going to the state fair is always an experience in itself but it’s one everyone should experience at least once in their lifetime.  It’s a chance to spend time with loved ones and hopefully not get in trouble while doing so.  There’s no excuse to not go if you have an opportunity to go.  So if it’s your first time going and you’re not sure about going, treat it like trying a new food, you won’t know if you don’t like it until you try it.  If you don’t like it after you’ve tried it, it happens.  Life is way too short to not enjoy it.  Still thinking of changing the name of the blog to put my own touch on it so I’m willing to take suggestions.  Also comments are well appreciated as well.  Remember to follow me on Twitter @wlhoward_psa.  Until the next time, stay cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment