Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving.  For some families that celebrate Thanksgiving, it’s a time give thanks to what they have, spend time with the extended family if they are in town and for the sports nut men and women in the family, to watch the football games all day.  But it’s also the kick off to the holiday season.  For some families, it kicks off the first leg of the ugly sweater contest Thanksgiving edition.  I really don’t get how some people get a sweater that makes them look like an over sized turkey and think that is fashionable.  Do those people realize that there are ugly sweater contest that they would probably dominate.  The bad thing is that the designers make money because some people just buy those sweaters just for ugly sweater parties and contests.  Another event that has really been magnified because of a show is eating.  It has taken on another meaning with Man vs. Food on.  I have a feeling some people are going to create their own personal challenges. How fast can I eat the whole turkey before anyone notices or can they eat two pies in 15 minutes.  And finally what every man and some women do on Thanksgiving is watch the football games before, after or even during the football games.  Now depending on when they eat and how much they eat, it could turn into you watching the game or the game watching you.  Hopefully the games will be good this year so then they don’t fall asleep.

I may joke a lot and point out certain things but I’m really thankful for waking up everyday, for my family, friends, making people laugh without offending anyone and the support I’m getting from people who have read my blog.  I hope everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving.  Follow me on Twitter @wlhoward_psa.  Until the next time, stay cool.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you have a wonderful day! Thank you for maing me laugh and smile!

    ReplyDelete